Tuesday, December 11, 2012

What's the word?

The chief officer of an organization (as a corporation or institution) usually entrusted with the direction and administration of its policies

http://www.merriam-webster.com

The leading figure in a small group of men of whom -- and of whom only -- it is positively known that immense numbers of their countrymen did not want any of them for President.







If that's an honor surely 'tis a greater
To have been a simple and undamned spectator. 
Behold in me a man of mark and note 
Whom no elector e'er denied a vote! --
An undiscredited, unhooted gent 
Who might, for all we know, be President By acclimation. 
Cheer, ye varlets, cheer -- 
I'm passing with a wide and open ear! 

Jonathan Fomry 

http://www.alcyone.com/max/lit/devils/

4 comments:

  1. I believe this is....President! 'cos I found it in the devil's dictionary too & I recognise the definition! Like the visual - who is it? It's not supposed to be Obama is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha well done Joanna. Obama? Noooooo Think About social networks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great image! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. Nice image. Good post. I like the definition for the Devil's dictionary.

    ReplyDelete